BGSU was one of the first glass programs in a University in the United States. The current Glass studio was constructed in 1991 in the Fine Arts Centerand is centrally located on campus. The hot glass area was completely rebuilt in 2009 by Wet Dog Glass Equipment and has three complete work stations for blowing glass. The glass studio also has extensive equipment for cold glass working and three large kilns for kiln and hot glass casting. The glass shop borders an outdoor working court yard with sculpture and ceramics.
Hot Shop 1579 sq. ft.
Cold Shop 781 sq. ft.
Grad. Studio(2) 102 sq. ft.
Grad Studio 378 sq. ft.
Storage 355 sq. ft.
Faculty Office 324 sq. ft.
3D Lecture/Work Rm 560 sq. ft.
2 Electric furnaces
3 Glory holes
3 large Annealing Kilns
1 Fusing Kiln
1 Color oven
Cold Shop Equipment
Steinert (2) 36"dia., variable speed
Felker cut-off saw (2) 41-A, 41-AR, 14"
Covington slab saw (1) 24" dia. diamond, continuous
Diamond band saw (2) GS-100, GS-70
Cutting lathe (2) Merker,Denver, stone&diamond
Belt sander Somaca; 106", roller platen
Flexible shaft Dumore
3 Diamond router(6) Wizard
Sandblast cabinet pressure pot, vacuum
Exhaust hood (3) Mold area, burn out